Homemade production of bleach disinfectant





... otherwise known chlorine, bleach is today one of the best know disinfectants and is commonly used to treat drinking water in european water main.

The proposed method makes use of basic materials that can be found easily, anywhere.


Kills off effectively, in just a few minutes, the bacillus of:

tetanus, cholera, typhus, carbuncle, hepatitis, entero virus, streptococcus, staphylococcus, etc.


How to produce bleach at home



Step one: preparing the materials

  • cut off the bottom of the plastic bottle

picture 1

A- where cut off

  • take the charcoal out the torch with tweezers. With a candle flame, melt away any wax residues. Clean the charcoal with a piece of paper.
  • make a hole in the bottle's screw top, big enough in order for the charcoal stick to be inserted; if necessary, seal the charcoal stick with a few drops of candle wax;
picture n. 1
picture n. 2
  • screw the bottle top back on;

picture 2

B the candle wax
C the charcoal,
D the bottle top

Take 1.5 litres of water and add a handful of salt (about 100 gr.)

Mix well until the salt is entirely dissolved into the water.

Pour the solution into the prepared bottle - right up to the top

picture 4
F water level

Connect the tip and the negative (black) electrode, without the plastic covering must be placed into the water.

What happens

From the charcoal bubbles of gas will develop (chlorine)thet will then transform the salty water into disinfectant bleach. The smaller the bubbles, the the better reaction. The wider the diameter of the carbon stick, the smaller the bubbles will be.

Even the black wire will produce bubbles but they will be of hydrogen and will bot be of any use..

After about one hour of reaction, the bleach will be concentrate enough. The reaction can be left for up to two hours. By then the liquid solution will be yellowish and will produce the typical smell of chlorine..

picture 5

G battery
H chlorine bubbles
I hydrogen bubbles

General formula:

1 handful of salt
+ 1 litre of water
+ 1 hour
= 1 litre bleach

Here is an example of how to make water drinkable:

To disinfect 5 litres of water add enough bleach to get a slight taste of chlorine (about 2 to 3 tablespoons) mix very, very well - because it's the contact of the chlorine with the water molecules that disinfect, and not the density of chlorine in the water.

Try tasting the water again after about 20 minutes. You may add some more bleach to get the slight chlorine taste - this will ensure the water remains sterile until its use. Remember, chlorine will be consumed in the presence of bacteria and micro-organisms.